It is your attitude which determines your thinking. If you have an attitude of achieving success in your life, you will discipline your mind and body. That is the beginning to be an over comer
In Revelation 12:11, it says they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimonies
Who is this Lamb?
Read John 1:29, …….”Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world”
Say- My sin penalty has been paid
Say – I am an over-comer
Sometime back, I read a story which talked about a poor old man who became rich. During that time cars were invented and only very rich people could afford it. To show his wealth the old man purchased a car for himself and a nice suit with hat. Every morning he would go out in his car greet people and come back without blowing his horn even once though the streets were crowded.
Do you want to know why?
Because he had two horses pulling his car the whole day
Do you want to know why were horses pulling his car?
Because he never knew how to drive the car
Most of the time we are also like him, who have God given potential of not two horses but of hundreds of horses in us, but we do not know how to operate in the realm of blessing
Say – I have potential
Say – I will operate in the realm of blessing
I am taking you bit further it will open your eyes to recognize your worth and the ability God has given you as a child of God
Read Luke 16:19-26,
“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.
“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
Notice few things here
1. The story teller is no one but Jesus, and He will sit on the judgment seat and judge us in the day of judgment
2. A judge has every authority to forgive or to punish, Jesus came to forgive you
3. Ask Him and He will forgive you all your sins
4. The rich-man was not right before God but was well focused in his goals that is why he gained success in this world but he missed his eternity in heaven
5. It means rich-man was sinning
6. Lazarus the beggar had all the potential to have everything on this earth as well in heaven but he missed the prosperity on the earth due to his ignorance
Read Hosea 4:6, it says “My people are destroyed from the lack of knowledge”
7. It means Lazarus was lazy and ignorant of all what God had already given to him
8. He was sick and not able to work, that’s why he was relying on the food which was thrown from rich-man’s house
9. He was unaware of his healing
But see the end result of these two men’s life, one who lived richly reached to eternal torment and the beggar in the heaven
Say – I will not be destroyed
Say – I have knowledge
Many a times as a youth I have questioned God
“Why do you allow the bad men to flourish?” The same way as Jeremiah cried unto The Lord
You are always righteous, O LORD, when I bring a case before you. Yet I would speak with you about your justice: Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease?
As I began to grow in Lord I understood 3 principles, which helped me to know, why it happens?
1. I learned as per Genesis 3:17, ……”Cursed is the ground because of you, through painful toil you will eat of it all the days of your life” Every man has to work hard to get prosperity
2. I learned as per Deuteronomy 8:17 and18, “….. my power and the strength of my hands have produce this wealth for me But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth,…”
3. I learned that one can become prosperous when he gets the inheritance from his father
To make it easier I will say one can be prosperous
1. Through his hard work
2. Through hard work and favor of God
3. Through transfer of the property from father to son etc.
4. Through cheating also
I will ask you, “Which one is the best prosperity?”
Through hard work and favor of God!! Right!
Say – I work hard every day
Say – I have favor of God
Today I am here to encourage all of you and tell you whatever may be your situation but there is always hope in Christ, come out of your situation and tap into your God given ability and allow His Holy Spirit to operate in your life to make it successful in every area of your life
God wants us to be knowledgeable
God wants us to be prosperous
God wants us to be in heaven not in hell
God wants us to be sin free
God wants us to be healed
Stand at your feet and talk to Him
Ask Him to forgive you and release His favor upon you