Friday, July 1, 2011

Salvation Is A Process

When we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior -
-we become a new creation
-we become a child of God
-we become more than a conqueror
-we became head not the tail
-we become citizen of heaven, it means when we die we will go directly to heaven.
But someone may ask a question if we are so blessed that we are even citizen of heaven then-
-why do we still struggle
-why do we have problems
-why are we in bondage
-why are we bitter
-why are we in lack
The reason is that our spirit has been born again, but our soul needs to be renewed and transformed.
Renewal of the mind and transformation takes time.
it means it is a process
Say - It is a process
In order to understand the process of transformation of mind we must know who we are!!
Man is a spirit with a soul and lives in a physical body. When we receive Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior our spirit becomes alive
Read John 3:3-6
Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.
 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”
 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
When you are born again your spirit becomes alive and the spiritual nature of yours gives you the ability to communicate with God
Read Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of a man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all the inner depths of his heart.
What is the inner depths of his heart?
say- communion, inner voice and The conscience
1. Communion-through communion we develop intimacy with God, it means you can talk to Him and hear from Him
2. Inner Voice- Read Romans 8:14-16
For as many as are led by the spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the spirit of adoption by whom we cry "Abba Father" The spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.
Inner voice gives us understanding of belonging of Father God.
3. The conscience - Read Romans 9:1
I tell the truth i am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.
It allows us to distinguish between right and wrong.
When we are born again the work of Christ in our spirit is perfected, but our soul does not change.
Read Philippians 2:12
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
so we are asked to be transformed by the renewal of our mind that we may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God (Romans 12:2)
Many people have wounds and hurt, and wrong desires, when they receive Jesus they are given a new heart but mind (soul) is still under bondage. The soul needs inner healing and deliverance from the unsolved issues of emotional hurts and wounds, sickness and pains.
what should we do?
1. Surrender unto the Lord
Read James 4:7
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
2. Renounce
In order to get freedom you have to renounce-
-your previous involvement with different ritual practices, false religion or teachings
-your previous involvement with different groups which denies Jesus Christ, secret initiation, ceremonies or covenants
-your previous involvement with different activities which you did knowingly or unknowingly
-ask God to reveal those ungodly ties so that you can confess and separate yourself with those activities
Remember these activities and involvements gave the devil a foothold in your life now you have to reverse it by your confession
3. Put off your will
Ephesians 4:22-24
You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
4. Get rid of
Ephesians 4:31
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Pray-
I recognize that there is only one true and living God who exists as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
I recognize Jesus Christ as the Messiah, the Word who became in flesh and dwelt among us.
I believe that He  came to destroy the works of Satan
I believe that God has proven His love for me because when I was still a sinner, Christ died for me.
I believe that He delivered me from the domain of darkness and transferred me to His kingdom, and in Him I have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
I believe that I am now a child of God and that I am seated with Christ in the heavenlies.
I announce to Satan that Jesus is my Lord and I reject works of Satan in my life.
I believe that the truth will set me free, therefore, I stand against Satan's deception by taking every thought captive in obedience to Christ.
I renew my mind by the living Word of God in order that I may prove that the will of God is good, acceptable and perfect.
I renounce all selfish goals and choose the ultimate goal of  love.
I choose to obey the two greatest commandments, to love the Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind, and to love my neighbor as myself
I believe that Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth and that He is the head over all rulers and     authority.
I believe that Satan and his demons are subject to me in Christ since I am a member of Christ's body. Therefore, I obey the command to resist the devil and command him in the name of Christ to leave my presence.
I declare I am free because whom the son sets free is free indeed.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment