Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Allow God to Work

We have all been hurt at some point or another in our lives. we need to understand that coming to Jesus is only the beginning of our healing. It does not heal our wounds automatically. There is a process, it begins with forgiveness.
What is forgiveness?
It is an action of your choice.
Who will make it?
You for your life and I for my life
Read Matthew 18:35
"This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart."
And it is a command from your Lord!
Read Matthew 6:14
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."
Then why not abolish the root of the unforgiveness
Good thought!
What is the root of most hurts?
Insecurity and immaturity
Say - I am secure in Christ
Say - I am growing to the maturity
What will happen if you will not forgive?
Read Matthew 6:14
"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."
Enemy gets access to enter in our lives and destroys our homes, finances health and the other areas.
Read Ephesians 4:27
" and do not give the devil a foothold."
Our prayer will not reach unto God. 
Read Matthew 11:25
"At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children."
God will not accept our offering. 
Read Matthew 5:23
“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother or sister has something against you,"
Demons will torture us.
Read Matthew 18:35
“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”
Faith is annulled and their is a lack of forgiveness which blocks our heart from believing in Him.
Love is annulled. 
A spouse may say - I don't love you and can look for false refuge in a love affair. 
The person who does not forgive will always suffer great loss and great pain will be afflicted upon that person. 
Lack of forgiveness causes bitterness and that will devour the person. 
Check - Where do you stand? 
Do you want to come under the mercy of God?
Do you want the love of God to flow in you? 
If you are ready;
Say - I make a choice to forgive others no matter how much they have troubled me! 
Say - I forgive them because I want the grace of God in my life.
Say - I forgive them because I want the peace of God in my life. 
Say - I forgive them because I want the healing of God in my life. 
Do you have a question on what you must do? 
Here is the answer -
1. Make a list of all the people that have hurt you. 
2. Repent, forgive and release them unto God. 
Say - Jesus I have nothing to do with the past hurt.
Read Ephesians 4:31. 
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
3. Confess or express your mistakes to each other if it is possible.
Read James 5:16
"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."
4. Renounce the spirit of resentment, bitterness, hate and unforgiveness. 
Now Pray - Lord I forgive __________ (the person) because of ____________(the reason why you are forgiving them).
Lord I present all these people to you and I surrender my life unto you. 
Lord I choose not to be bitter or angry anymore. 
Lord I ask the Holy Spirit to heal me of my hurt feelings.
In Jesus Name, 
Amen
We will all in one way or the other be hurt in our lives. What we must remember is to forgive and forget. 
If we follow this principle we will mature in the things of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment