Sunday, July 4, 2010

I choose to remember the Joy!

I choose to remember joy!
When happiness seems beyond my reach and problems weigh me down, I turn to Jesus where do you turn?
I still remember the time when my joy was stolen and I forgot how to even smile. I looked for God everywhere, in all religions but could not find Him anywhere. I lost my faith completely in God. For me life became a burden but I still had to live for my husband who had damaged his L4 and 5 back-bones, lost 80% of his memory, and was not at all fit for work. I did not know that there can be happiness, for me life had failed me and death was winning. I didn’t want to ignore my duties so I was living without any hope.
But deep down in my heart I knew good must be found somewhere, light must be shone somewhere, truth must be revealed somewhere, solution must be given somewhere.
I had a question-
Where can I find some peace, some happiness and some relief?
Is life really precious?
Does God really hear?
Why did He create man?
Where was I heading, to the hell or heaven or lost somewhere in between?
I had many questions in my heart- why do I have nightmares, why do I suffer, why can’t God come to my help but I could not find God. Then one day the cry of my heart was answered, when I came to know Jesus, God’s beloved, full of mercy, grace and peace.
I love this moment in my life when I knew Him. His words says, “Call unto me and I will answer thee”
I asked Him are you the God?
Will you help me?
Will you give me sleep?
Will you give me peace?
Will you heal my husband?
I told Him, “OK, I will try you also.”
I told Him, “Forgive my sins, sins of my forefathers, I believe you came for me, died for me, rose from dead for me and now you are with Father God in heaven. You have washed all my sins. Devil cannot hold my sins against me anymore, so he has no right over me. I declare I am a child of God.” I felt my spirit became calm.
Last week, I met one computer graduate from South Africa, who was drunk in the afternoon. I felt in my spirit to talk to him. I asked him, “Why do you drink?
He smiled and said, I have so many problems. No one can help me.
I continued and told him yes, that’s true, I cannot solve your problem but God can.
He laughed and said, God! No way, I tried him, I was Roman Catholic but now I am Muslim, but no God, no solution only drinking helps me. At least I forget the problems for some time.
I tried to share my testimony, he heard some of it, but there was no end to our conversation. Finally I asked him, “Can I pray with you?
He replied me, “How can He help me?” Madam it is not possible.
I repeated my question. He says, “OK”
After prayers he began to cry, and said, I feel peace, I need help.
I told Him to tell Jesus whatever is happening in his life. That evening I received a message from him, he says, “Today I am so free like a molecules in the air!!!!!!”
When a person meets with God and God helps him. I feel so blessed and full of joy..
Read Luke 6:45, The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks
That man’s message was speaking joy and peace out of the abundance which he experienced in his heart.
Where is your joy?
Are you finding your joy in material gains?
Read Nehemiah 8:10: "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Why is joy important?
Does it produce strength?
What about the happiness, is happiness and joy same?
According to the Oxford English dictionary, happiness is based on luck and Joy is a vivid emotion of pleasure. It means happiness depends on circumstance and joy on our emotional well-being.
Happiness comes from the word happen which means something is happening, but joy is found in the midst of trials.
Read James 1:2 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds."
People struggle in their life because they have lost their joy
Joy is not happiness. If you do not have joy you will not have the strength as well.
There is a song it says "Joy of the Lord is my strength; joy of the Lord is my strength in this world.
If you will not have the joy in your spirit how will you be able to stand firm when the trials come in your life
Read 1 John 4:4, You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
We have victory over trials not frustration.
Let us Read Galatians 5:22-23, But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
Joy is also the fruit of the spirit, it is also a choice. Joy is experienced when you accept yourself the way you are, you help others with no thought of reward, your love is unconditional, you are not selfish and you are positive in your adversaries.
Read Habakkuk 3:17-18,
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Are you loosing the battle or standing firm even in your adversaries?
Read Habakkuk 3:19,
The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.....
If you stand firm even in your adversaries God is going to make a way for you
Let me tell you, "You are a victor not a victim"
Do you want to know what God has stored for you?
Read Psalms 84:11,
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
Does the word say it will not give all good things to his righteous?
So now it is you who have to make a choice
Whether you want to be a victor or victim?
Your choice is hidden in your attitude.
You may be having a tough time in your life, Every thing is adverse, yet, do you have joy in you?
If your joy is from the Lord, then it is possible
Read Isaiah 12:2-3,
Surely God is my salvation I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
These words are telling us that whatever is our need God has the provision for this, but you are the one who will draw it from the wells.
Today your need may be of finances, of healing, of peace or family restoration, let me tell you God has provided your need.
Open your heart, fill it with the joy of the Lord and receive it NOW
If you do not have joy then you would be sad, and if you are sad you will loose your strength, then how will you be able to draw from the well?
Have courage, do not allow devil to kill your joy
Devil is your joy killer. He is God’s enemy and yours as well.
Jesus says, “Devil comes to steal, kill and destroy, but I have come to give you life, life abundantly.
So what is your choice, do you want to believe in devil and suffer or believe in the word of God and rejoice
Tell- Devil you can not touch my joy
If you are of God then you belong to His Holy Spirit as well
If you belong to the Holy Spirit then you must be filled with His fruit
Then how can Devil rob you of your joy
It means you are blessed so now start reaping blessings in your life.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment